Dear newcomers to EM Normandie: welcome!
The EM Normandie community is delighted to welcome you: back-to-school dates, Welcome Weeks, accommodation advice, campus access, etc. Find all the essential information you need for the start of the 2021 academic year!
Once you have been assigned to a programme, EM Normandie will contact by e-mail you as soon as possible to give you all the information you need.
If you were already a student at EM Normandie in 2020-2021, we invite you to visit your Intranet for all information concerning your new school year. Information concerning your re-registration and the start of the school year will be sent to you shortly.
Table of contents
Your dates for the start of the school year 2021
Welcome Weeks: 2 weeks to facilitate your integration
Covid-19: campus health security and appropriate educational facilities
Access to campuses
Frequently asked questions
for the start of the 2021 school year
For students from all campuses entering EM Normandie for the first time in 2021-2022 :
Official start for all with two Welcome Weeks.
Le Havre and Paris campuses :
Master In Management
- 1st Year: 03 September 2021
- 1st Year (work-study): 04 October 2021
Bachelor International Management
- 1st Year: 02 September 2021
- 3rd Year: 02 September 2021
- 3rd Year (work-study): 20 September 2021
- MSc students: 06 September 2021.
- MSc students: 01 October 2021.
Welcome and support for international students starting from 31 August 2021.
For students already at EM Normandie in 2020-2021, the start dates are available on your Intranet.
The Welcome Weeks:
2 weeks to integrate well
To get the new year off to a good start, take part in the "Welcome Weeks" organised on your campuses!
During these days, many moments of exchange and conviviality are offered.
Get to know your peers and discover all the facets of the EM Normandie Experience (flexible courses, community life, professionalisation, expatriations, immersive and gamified courses ...) through presentations and workshops in small groups.
Exchange with the teams, ask all your questions and prepare your integration at EM Normandie in the best conditions.
All these activities will respect the sanitary rules in force.
During the Welcome Weeks, you will be welcomed by your campus manager and a team of volunteer students.
- Welcome speeches by the campus directors.
- Presentation of the School's support services to accompany you throughout your studies
- Presentation of the academic programme.
The Services Village
Numerous stands will be available on each campus to allow you to have a privileged exchange with your contacts and ask them all your questions:
To help you finalise your application file:
The Hub (a central service for your administrative life) / The Financial Service / The International Admissions service.
For your daily support:
The Business and Careers Department and the EM Normandie Alumni Association: for your internship, work-study and job searches, coaching, the graduates' network, the Career Path and its recruitment tools...
The International Affairs service: for information on expatriation (French students) and support for international students.
The Pedagogical Teams and the Faculty of Teachers: for information on programmes and pedagogical tools.
The Balance & Inclusion service: to find out about social, psychological and disability-related support...
The Associations and Events Department: see the Project Village.
The Welcome Weeks' Team: for registration to Team Building activities.
The External Partners: banks, transport, accommodation, etc.
The Project Village
Discover the associations, the School's projects, and the Citizen Projects of our associative partners.
At EM Normandie, there are more than 100 community projects in sustainable development, business, arts, sports.
There are more than 50 Citizen Projects at our partner associations: UNICEF, SPA, Secours Populaire...
Discover your campus and get your bearings from the very first days by visiting its facilities and services. Ask the Welcome Team any questions you may have.
Workshops and webinars
Take part in workshops in small groups and discover the services offered by the School as well as the tools available to you throughout your course. Attend the webinars concerning your professionalisation (internships, work-study, etc.) and your international experience.
Participate in seminars
with the Career Path
The Career Path is a unique support system that combines face-to-face and distance learning workshops, webinars and a platform of tools. It allows you to reveal your talents and become aware of the values that drive you in order to initiate a bold career, in line with your skills, your know-how and the reality of the market.
During these Welcome Weeks, the Career Path teams will introduce you to the platform as well as all the online tools: Job Teaser, MY CV Factory...
1st year students of the Bachelor In Management programme
During 2 days of seminars, participate in numerous activities and complete your knowledge during your second semester thanks to the Career Path:
- The Tree of Life activity: learn to value your talents, your resources, your values and your projects.
- Job Teaser: discover the professional world by approaching a wide range of jobs, functions and sectors of activity.
- Interview professionals via the My Job Glasses platform and develop your networking skills.
- Learn how to present yourself effectively, write your CV, cover letter or e-mail pitch.
3rd year students of the Bachelor In Management programme
During 3 days of seminars, develop a lot of knowledge thanks to the Career Path:
- Learn how to develop your network by interviewing Alumni during the Career Workshops.
- Learn about professions, functions and sectors of activity thanks to the testimonies of professionals and Alumni.
- Clarify your skills, your aspirations and learn to communicate with the Assess First tool.
- Learn how to present yourself effectively, describe your career plan and clarify your service offer, and succeed in your recruitment interviews.
- Develop an effective methodology for finding an internship and/or work-study contract.
Participate in 2 webinars with the Career Path
In the evening, after your day on campus, attend two webinars of presentation of the tools, videos and tutorials that will be available to you throughout your course.
Team Building activities
Break the ice and meet lots of people by taking part in the various activities on offer during these days.
Find out what to expect during the Welcome Weeks.
Health and safety on campus is our priority!
To ensure the health and safety of everybody on campus, EM Normandie Business School has put a system in place at the start of the 2020 academic year to prevent the spread of the virus, in accordance with the recommendations of government bodies. Measures are likely to change as official guidelines are updated.
The school requests that all members adhere strictly to the guidance, social distancing rules and barrier measures.
The school's 5 campuses will be open to students from 31 August 2021.
Anyone wishing to enter a campus will need to wear a mask that meets AFNOR standards.
Find the detailed instructions and the complete DRP on your student Intranet.
In accordance with the French Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation (MESRI) health guidelines, EM Normandie Business School has implemented its protocol starting from the 2020-2021 academic year.
In order to comply with social distancing rules, EM Normandie Business School has put in place a multimodal teaching system, which allows all students to attend the same lessons at the same time, either on site or remotely, with a teacher physically present in the room.
To implement this "twinning delivery" mode, the school has transformed its training rooms into “Flex Rooms” on its 5 campuses. These rooms are equipped with all the latest teaching technology, and can therefore be used for every possible scenario (face-to-face, remote or twinning). Students and professors can continue to have discussions and interact with each other, and benefit from the full teaching and learning experience.
- Wearing a mask complying with AFNOR standards is mandatory throughout your presence on campus
- Floor markings indicating one-way systems
- Health guidance displayed on site
- Compliance with distancing rules in reception and waiting areas
- Self-service antibacterial hand gel dispensers
- Paper towels instead of automatic hand dryers in toilets
- Water fountains may no longer be used
- Shared facilities (printers, microwaves, vending machines for drinks and snacks) must be cleaned by users after each use. Cleaning kits will be provided for this.
- Work and living areas shall be disinfected daily
- Premises shall be ventilated regularly
- Limited numbers of people in lifts depending on size
- Classrooms and workspaces shall be set up in accordance with social distancing guidelines
- Gatherings and demonstrations of more than 100 people shall not be permitted on site
- Meetings shall take place remotely where possible
We must all comply with health guidance to reduce the risk of spreading the virus. This involves taking simple action, which includes:
- Washing your hands very regularly or using hand sanitiser
- Coughing or sneezing into your elbow or into a tissue
- Using tissues once and then throwing them away in the bins provided
- Greeting others without shaking hands, avoiding hugs and kisses
- Keeping a distance of at least 1 metre from other people
- Wearing a mask whenever you are in close proximity to others and on public transport
If you experience symptoms of COVID-19 (high temperature or feeling feverish, cough, breathing difficulties):
- Call your GP or a doctor for a teleconsultation
- Self-isolate at home
- If symptoms get worse and you start to experience breathing difficulties, call 15
If you are a confirmed case of COVID-19:
- Self-isolate at home
- Obtain a sick note from your GP
- Send evidence of this to your course leader
- If you have difficulty breathing, call 15
If you are an international student, you can benefit from the Airport pick-up upon registration with the International Affairs department! EM Normandie will organise your welcome at the airport by a driver who will drive you to your campus (Le Havre, Caen, Oxford).
Frequently asked questions
Accommodation and funding your course
The Studapart platform
Find your accommodation match with Studapart! Whether you’re based in France or on an overseas campus, the EM Normandie-endorsed student accommodation platform will help you to:
- Find rented accommodation
- Find or set up a house or flatshare
- Find a sub-let
- Find a temporary room
Are you looking for a house/flatshare?
Join the Facebook accommodation group for your campus to find other students to share with:
How can I pay for my course?
There are a number of funding solutions to help business school students with modest incomes. Find out more about Grand Ecole access schemes, from State grants to alternative routes.
Your EM Normandie contacts
Do you have a question? Our departments are here to help and provide answers!
- Administration: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work-study programmes: email@example.com
- New international students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finance: email@example.com
- Balance and inclusion: firstname.lastname@example.org