Concerned about the safety of its entire community and taking into account its international activities, EM Normandie is closely following the evolution of the Coronavirus 2019-nCov epidemic in the Hubei (Wuhan) region in China.
EM Normandie has set up an internal monitoring cell to follow the progress of the current situation. The School is in direct contact with the CGE, mandated since 29 January 2020 by the French Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation to relay any information and recommendations regarding the evolution of the situation.
Cancelation of international mobility in China
In accordance with the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE) and the French Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation, outgoing mobility to China has been cancelled and solutions for the reorganisation of curriculums have been proposed to the students who were planning to go to China.
There are currently no EM Normandie students on academic or training mobility in China, and travel to China is suspended until further notice. Students currently on international mobility in other countries are not affected by these restrictive measures.
Furthermore, it is recommended to:
- Register on Ariane, the MEAE website: https://pastel.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fildariane/dyn/public/login.html
- Respect the instructions concerning the rules of hygiene and vigilance,
- Consult the updated information from the French government,
- Consult the messages sent by EM Normandie and contact the International Affairs Department (email@example.com) if necessary.
- Comply with any instructions from the host institutions (universities, companies or others).
International students attending the EM Normandie campuses can get in touch with the International Affairs Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any questions or specific needs.
Learn more about Coronavirus 2019-nCov and follow official instructions
- World Health Organisation (WHO): https://www.who.int/fr/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/novel-coronavirus-china
- Ministry of Solidarity and Health: https://solidarites-sante.gouv.fr/soins-et-maladies/maladies/maladies-infectieuses/coronavirus/article/coronavirus-2019-n-cov
- Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/conseils-aux-voyageurs/informations-pratiques/article/nouveau-coronavirus
How to protect yourself from respiratory diseases
The following WHO guidelines are intended to minimise any risk of infection from Coronavirus 2019-nCoV as well as other illnesses such as colds and flu that occur at this time of year:
- Ensure good hand hygiene: wash hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Limit the spread of germs and disease: cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your sleeve or elbow. Avoid sharing food, drinks, utensils, cups, electronic cigarettes, etc.
- Avoid close contact with people who have a fever and cough.
- In case of fever, cough and difficulty breathing, in France, consult a doctor from the SAMU (tel: 15) without delay and inform him/her of the trips you have made.
- At markets located in areas where there are cases of the Coronavirus 2019-nCoV, avoid unprotected direct contact with live animals and avoid consumption of raw or undercooked animal products.
Symptoms of Coronavirus 2019-nCoV may appear between 2 and 14 days after exposure to the virus, and include fever, coughing, and respiratory disorders. If you experience one or more of these symptoms AND have recently travelled internationally, avoid contact with others and contact the SAMU/EMS (tel: 15).
Moreover, the Ministry of Solidarity and Health opened a toll-free hotline: +33.800.130.000 available to everyone for any non-medical questions.
EM Normandie thanks its entire community for its cooperation and will keep it regularly informed if the situation evolves.