Etudier en france en école de commerce

FAQ - Back to school at EM Normandie

Find all the information concerning the start of the school year: Welcome weeks, resumption of classes, registration...

General information

How do I pay my tuition fees at EM Normandie?

Payment possible at:

  • Once by cheque/wire transfer/direct debit on 31 October of the current year.
  • 10 times free of charge by direct debit on the last day of each month. The first direct debit is on 31 October and the last on 31 July. The debit can be made to a French or European account. In case of payment problems, do not hesitate to contact the School's financial service as well as our social worker Mrs Maryline RAGOT at / the Balance & Inclusion department at

What are the costs involved in becoming a student at EM Normandie?

Tuition fees, which are fixed throughout the course, except in the case of repetition or interruption of the course.

Membership of the Alumni Network (not mandatory), up to €575 (to be paid once for a lifetime membership, with the possibility of monthly payments).

The Student and Campus Life Contribution (CVEC), for students without grants, which amounts to about €95 and is revalued every year.

Living expenses (rent, home insurance, water/electricity/gas, local taxes, food, public transport/vehicle insurance, return trips to the family home, extracurricular activities, Internet and telephone subscription, student health insurance, any printing costs, etc.).

Thanks to your student card, you benefit from all the advantages offered to students: reductions in museums, cinemas, transport, university restaurants, certain restaurant chains, etc. There are even schemes to facilitate your access to leisure activities, such as the Atouts Normandie scheme. Don't hesitate to find out more!

Of course, you will also have access to all the services offered by the School (associations, sports classes, psychologist, social worker, Alumni mentoring, Career Path, etc.).

The new administrative year

I have not obtained my degree, what are my options?

If you have not obtained the degree that allows you to join the course for which you are registered, ask for a refund of your deposit.

You will not be able to join the course for which you were registered.
You must send proof that you have not obtained your diploma in order to receive a refund of your deposit.

I have not obtained my visa, what are my options?

If you have not obtained your visa allowing you to join your campus, you can

  • Request a deferral of your course (see "I would like to request a deferral of my course").
  • Or request a refund of your deposit (see "I would like a refund of my deposit").

I would like to apply for a deferment of schooling, how do I do this?


  • A covering letter
  • To have validated your diploma (Bac / Bac+2 / Bac+3 / High School diploma / 2 or 3 years of higher education, depending on the case) to validate the application (otherwise to be sent by 30 September of the current year at the latest)
  • The application is sent to the Pedagogical Department for validation.

I would like a refund of my deposit.

Please send to proof that you have not obtained your diploma or your visa, as well as your bank details. Your deposit will be reimbursed at the latest at the beginning of DECEMBER.

I have joined a work-study programme, when will my deposit be refunded?

The deposit will be reimbursed by the end of NOVEMBER/beginning of December at the latest, after deduction of the €575 membership fee (optional) for the Alumni Network (see terms and conditions of the tuition contract).

The online registration file

I have not received any login details

Check your junk mail in your personal mailbox, the message is sent from

I have lost my login details or forgotten my password

You must enter your login in the format firstname.surname+day of birth (e.g. alexandre.enocq07) then click on forgotten password. A new password will be sent to your personal mailbox.

Do we have to send paper documents?

No you have to file all documents online on the portal in the "Documents" section, documents with an * are mandatory.

What is civil liability?

This is a document provided by your insurance company with your home insurance or that of your parents.

My portal does not reach 100%

  • You must have uploaded a photo
  • You must have filled in the title (Mr. Mrs.)
  • All mandatory fields must be completed, those with a red asterisk
  • All documents with an * must be submitted online.
  • You must have filled in the financial sponsor(s).

What is the CVEC?

The contribution to student and campus life (CVEC)

The Ministry has introduced a compulsory tax, applicable to all students and collected by the CROUS. This contribution is intended to encourage the reception and social, health, cultural and sporting support of students. All students* (including apprentices) must pay the CVEC before their administrative registration.

The amount of the CVEC is €95 to be paid online here:

When you register for the administration, you must bring with you the certificate of payment or exemption from the CVEC (which can be downloaded once the tax has been paid).

*NB 1: CROUS scholarship students and exchange students do not pay the tax but must go to the website to obtain a certificate of exemption.
*NB 2: Students on professionalization contracts and continuing education do not have to pay the CVEC and do not need a certificate of exemption.

Billing and the school contract

I paid a deposit for my admission and I see that it is not deducted from my tuition contract. Is this an oversight?

Your tuition contract is the total tuition fee for the year in which you are enrolled. The deposit will be deducted when you receive the invoice from 15 October.

What payment methods does EM Normandie offer for paying tuition fees?

You can pay:

  • In one go by direct debit on 31 October of the current year.
  • In one go by cheque or bank transfer to be made no later than 31 October.
  • In 10 free instalments by direct debit on the last day of each month. The first payment is due on 31 October and the last on 31 July. The debit is made to a French or European account. 

I am paying by cheque, which order should I use?

The cheque should be made payable to "EM Normandie" and should be returned to the Caen campus address.

Can I pay part of my school fees in one instalment by bank transfer and my financial sponsor in 10 instalments by direct debit?

Yes, for this you have to indicate this information in the financial part on the registration portal. Each party involved in the payment of tuition fees chooses its own method of payment.

Is it possible to be debited on a day other than the last day of the month?

No. The deduction only takes place on the last day of the month.

Can I pay an invoice in cash?

It is possible to pay a bill in cash up to a maximum of €1,000 if your tax residence is in France or €15,000 if it is abroad.

Can I pay an invoice by credit card?

Yes, but only on the Caen and Le Havre campuses by going to the financial department of these campuses.

What does the €575 from the EM Normandie Alumni Association correspond to?

It is a membership fee that allows you to become a Life Member of the Alumni network and thus to access the following services   

  • The Directory, with the contact details of each Member, graduate and student.
  • The network's events at a preferential rate, webinars and other parties.
  • The "Parcours Avenir" (Future Paths) system, offering you tools and support services (coaching, mentoring, digital skills assessment, etc.) and job, internship and work-study offers.

 For more information, send a message to

I have validated my registration file online but I have not received the request to sign the school contract.

The sending of the signature is manually generated and may take some time, if you have not received anything one week after completing and validating your online registration portal, do not hesitate to contact Mr Christopher BERRETTA : from the financial department.

I am in the process of finalising the administrative registration and I do not understand the "percentage" box in the "financial information" section.

The % is used in the case where the amount of the fee is shared between two financial sponsors. It indicates the % of the invoiced amount paid by each of them, the total must be 100%.

If there is only one financial respondent, the default is 100%.

When can I get my student card?  

Your student card will be given to you at the beginning of the school year provided that your registration file is complete from an administrative and financial point of view and that the HUB has proceeded to its verification and validation. 


I am an international student, am I entitled to specific assistance during my stay in France?

With your student card, you benefit from all the advantages offered to students in France: discounts in museums, cinemas, transport, university restaurants, certain restaurant chains, etc.

If your visa or residence permit indicates "VLS-TS Etudiant D Visa CESEDA R311-3", you are potentially eligible for housing benefits from the Caisse d'Allocations Familiales (CAF). You will find more information in part 3 "Housing" or on their website by clicking here.

Of course, you will also benefit from access to all of the School's services (associations, sports classes, psychologist, social worker, Alumni mentoring, Career Path, etc.), regardless of your nationality, even in English!

I am an international student, can I apply for a scholarship?

During your admission process, if you are entering a programme through the admissions procedure (on the basis of a portfolio and an interview), you can ask the international recruitment team about the scholarships and discounts available for your profile:

These scholarships, granted by the School, amount to 5 to 10% of the tuition fees and are awarded on the basis of excellence.

Prior to your stay in France, you can also look for funding through the organisations representing France in your country of origin: Campus France, the French Embassy, the CCI, the Alliance Française or the Institut Français.

Does EM Normandie offer scholarships?

Yes, in particular thanks to the EM Normandie Foundation, students of the School can claim, depending on their situation, assistance from the EM Normandie Student Social Fund. This aid takes the form of a reduction in tuition fees and is granted under certain conditions and on the basis of a file, after examination by the Student Social Fund committee.

The following assistance is available:

  • The "Aléas de la vie" scholarship, for students who have undergone a change in their personal financial situation

  • The "Méritant Scolaire" scholarship, for students starting from "échelon 1" with a good academic record N-1 at EM Normandie (minimum 14/20 in both semesters, before catching up)

Eligible students may be granted a partial rebate of a maximum of 50% of their current year's tuition fees (€2000 for school merit students), up to a limit of the amount of one year's tuition fees, for the entire course.

Only one "Méritant Scolaire" and "Aléas de la vie" scholarship is possible per year and per student and cannot be combined.

You will find all the details of these scholarships on our platform. To apply, you can directly contact our social worker Mrs Maryline RAGOT at or Balance & Inclusion department at

Student loan

Does EM Normandie have banking partnerships?

For several years now, in order to help our students with their financing plans, EM Normandie has had three banking partnerships with :

  • Société Générale
  • BNP
  • Crédit Agricole Normandie

In order to consult the negotiated offers, to benefit from a loan simulator as well as a student loan guide, go to our Financing my studies platform

What is the state-guaranteed student loan?

This is a loan of up to €20,000, open to students who are unable to provide a guarantor (the State will itself act as guarantor through Bpifrance). This loan is open to students under 28 years of age, French or European Union nationals, without means testing (scholarship holders and non-scholarship holders) to help them pay their school fees, meet their needs during their studies or buy a car for example. Repayment is made in the same way as for a traditional student loan, i.e. deferred at the end of the studies.

Various partner organisations offer this loan system:

  • Banque Postale
  • Banque Populaire 
  • BFCOI (principalement La Réunion et Mayotte) 
  • Caisses d'Épargne
  • CIC
  • Crédit Agricole
  • Crédit Mutuel
  • Société Générale

To qualify, all you have to do is submit a loan application to one of these banks.

You can find more information on the Public Service website.

What advice do you have before applying for a loan?

  • Do not hesitate to consult both your own bank and our partner banks for example. For your information, student loan rates are generally equal to or lower than 1%. Also remember to compare the insurance rate, the application fees and the repayment period, as well as all the other offers (bank card fees, etc.) if your accounts are transferred to this bank.
  • To take out a student loan with a bank in mainland France, a French guarantor living there is systematically required, so think about it! Note that your guarantor's income is used to calculate your debt ratio (and therefore the total amount you are entitled to), as it is the guarantor who will have to repay your loan in the event of default.
  • The amount you need to borrow must correspond to your needs throughout your studies, so be realistic about how much you will be able to pay back after graduation.
  • Choose fixed rates to avoid unpleasant surprises.
  • Borrow the total amount corresponding to your financing needs for the entire duration of your studies, to avoid a new loan application that could be refused if your situation changes.
  • Remember to check the repayment terms, which are after graduation for this type of loan (during your schooling you are in a "deferred repayment" or "grace period": you do not repay anything, then after graduation comes the repayment with the "amortization" phase): plan to start repayment 6 months after your expected graduation (including the optional year, even if this is not in your initial plans). You should also ask about the extension of the "deferment" if you continue your studies, for example.
  • Ask about changing your monthly repayments, in case they don't suit you.
  • If your budget allows, ask for your interest to be paid back during your studies. For a relatively small monthly fee (between €20 and €50 per month), this can reduce the overall cost of your loan.
  • Some banks offer a gradual release of funds, which makes it possible to adapt to the student's real needs and to lower the total cost of the loan, as the interest only runs from the moment the funds are released. Beware, however, of the conditions attached to this gradual release of funds.
  • The average amount borrowed by our students is around €30,000, some banks accept loans of up to €50,000 but we do not advise borrowing beyond this amount.

Don't hesitate to consult the student loan guide on our Financing my studies platform.


Does EM Normandie have accommodation on its campuses?

EM Normandie does not have its own student residences, but offers you its dedicated platform, created in collaboration with Studapart, available in French, English, Spanish and Mandarin. From the rental file to the booking of the accommodation, all the steps are carried out on the platform. Choice of city, type of accommodation (studio, shared flat, room in a private home, private student residence...), budget, duration of occupation, accommodation capacity... Studapart is there to simplify your arrival! Note that Studapart can even act as a guarantor for the entire duration of your rental if you do not have a guarantor living in France (in the same way as Visale).

If not, how do you find accommodation?

To get started, go to the Studapart platform, then click on “Search for ...” and register with your login details provided by the School (otherwise use the activation code HOUSINGEMN).

Have a question? Contact

Please note that booking fees may apply when using Studapart (179 € for a booking with a private owner in the provinces and 300 € in Paris).

Of course, there is also CROUS accommodation for our national campuses, for which you can apply via the website, estate agencies, Foyers de Jeunes Travailleurs, Le Bon Coin...

You will also find our Facebook support groups for each campus:

For accommodation in Oxford, specific support is provided on site. You can contact our bilingual team for any information on the areas, customs, feedback at, specifying your NAME, First Name and telephone number (response guaranteed within 24 hours). If you have any doubts about an accommodation/owner, our team is also at your disposal to provide you with the necessary assistance.

You will find all the practical information concerning accommodation in your SmartEcole space and in the Handbook that is given at the start of the School year. 

What is the average cost of rent in the different cities of EM Normandie's campuses?

  • Caen and Le Havre: from €350 to €600 rent per month (from studio to F2)
  • Paris and Dublin: from €600 to €1,200 rent per month (from private room to studio)
  • Oxford: from £600 to £1,200 rent per month (from private room to studio)

You can search for university accommodation on the site,  
For more information, click here.

Some advice:

  • Think about anticipating the deposit and having a guarantor
  • Be proactive in your search for student accommodation to ensure you get the best value for money
  • Beware of scams: unhealthy accommodation, requests to pay money without having signed a contract or visited the accommodation (except for university residences or reliable and recognised sites), prices that are too attractive...

Note that there are specific procedures for Oxford and Dublin:

  • A deposit, generally equivalent to the first month's rent, is required to reserve accommodation
  • A guarantor is not compulsory, but it may make it easier for you to pay your rent (especially if he/she lives in the country concerned)
  • A security deposit is required, equivalent to one month's rent in Dublin / depending on the accommodation in Oxford
  • Payment of several months' rent (sometimes up to the full amount) is required on entry to the accommodation, however you can always negotiate a monthly payment depending on your situation, some residences may accept for example

What housing benefits exist and how do I apply?

There are three housing allowances (which cannot be combined) paid by the Caisse d’Allocations Familiales (CAF) :

  • Personalized housing assistance (APL), for students renting housing under agreement with the State (HLM housing, university residence, Foyers de Jeunes Travailleurs, etc.). The aid will be paid directly by the CAF to the landlord

  • The family housing allowance (ALF), for students with a dependent renting any other type of accommodation

  • The social housing allowance (ALS), for students without dependents renting any other type of accommodation. Unlike the APL, the ALS is in principle paid directly to the tenant

The amount of your Student Housing Allowance will be determined according to your accommodation and your income. Before applying, you can have your entitlement estimated (amount given as an indication). Once your rights have been defined, the CAF will pay you the aid each month, usually on the 5th. Please note, however, that it takes about two months from the date of application for payments to start.

Note that if you are an international student and your visa or residence permit states "VLS-TS Etudiant D Visa CESEDA R311-3", you may be eligible for these allowances.

To benefit and apply, click here

Is there any other support for easier access to housing?

For a free guarantor: the VISALE guarantee

In order to benefit from a financial guarantee in the event of unpaid rent, for example, landlords ask tenants to pay a deposit of at least one month's rent (excluding charges) when they move into their accommodation. If you do not have the means or if you do not have a guarantor ready to take on this responsibility, the VISALE scheme can take over by guaranteeing the payment of unpaid rent and charges for the entire duration of the lease, and up to 36 months of unpaid rent. VISALE will then pay the landlord on time, and the tenant will then reimburse the guarantee organisation for the entire debt according to a set schedule. The advantage of this solution? It is free and accessible to a wide range of people (aged 18 to 31).

Test your eligibility here

To finance your security deposit with an interest-free loan: The Loca-Pass® advance

The LOCA-PASS® advance is free assistance in the form of a 0% loan to finance all or part of the security deposit requested by the lessor when moving into a new home. The aid is limited to one month's rent excluding charges, up to a maximum of €1,200 (without interest or administration costs) and can be obtained regardless of the type of accommodation you rent (private, public, furnished, unfurnished, etc.). However, the conditions of allocation are more restrictive: for young people under 30, the aid only concerns people looking for work, students on work experience, on an internship or on a fixed-term contract for at least 3 months (or who have had one or more fixed-term contracts of at least 3 months over the last 6 months), as well as students with grants. The minimum monthly repayment is €20 and the entire Loca-Pass advance must be repaid within 25 months. Note: the first monthly payment of the loan is taken 3 months after it is granted.

Test your eligibility and apply online here

To reduce your rent when you are on work experience: The Mobili-Jeune® grant

If you are under 30 years of age and working in a non-agricultural private sector company, you can benefit from the Aide Mobili-Jeunes. This is a subsidy that allows you to reduce your rent, in addition to the APL granted by the CAF, and which amounts to between €10 and €100 maximum each month, over a maximum period of 3 years. The aid is paid every six months during your current work-study year, in two instalments, each representing 6 months.

Test your eligibility and apply here

To be financially supported in your move for a work placement: The Mobili-Pass grant

You are an employee of a non-agricultural private sector company with at least 10 employees and you need to change your main residence or take a second home in France following a recruitment, a transfer or a move from your company? The Mobili-Pass aid allows you to receive financial assistance for your mobility by covering 

The cost of assistance in finding accommodation (rental) by a specialised operator of your choice; 

Part of the expenses related to your mobility (double housing costs, agency fees, etc.); 

Some additional costs: 

On the departure site: if you are the owner of your accommodation, the costs of assistance in renting or selling it, early repayment indemnities for your property loan or the interest on your bridging loan,  

On the arrival site: estate agency or notary fees for signing your new lease. 

To apply, go here

To get closer to the workplace for work-study students: Mobility Assistance

This is an installation grant of €1,000, which is paid if you change your accommodation to be closer to your place of work/training or to take up a new job. If you have just signed a work-linked training contract, the conditions for entitlement are as follows: 

  • Your salary must be less than 1.5 times the SMIC 
  • You are a student on a work-study contract with a current employment contract
  • Your travel time by individual means of transport between your home and your place of work is less than 30 minutes (1 hour in the DROMs). 
  • Your rented accommodation is your main residence and is located in France (metropolitan France or DROM). 

Test your eligibility here

For short term rental without the obligation of a security deposit: The Mobility Lease

This is a lease for the rental of furnished accommodation only, intended for a so-called "temporary" public (students in their school year, on work experience or on a work-study programme, for example). The major advantage is that the tenant is not required to pay a deposit to the landlord. However, the duration of the lease must be between 1 and 10 months, with no possibility of renewal.


Is it compulsory to subscribe to a student mutual / complementary health insurance?

This is not compulsory, but we strongly recommend it. Social Security does not reimburse the full cost of medical care, which is why it is important to have a mutual insurance company to cover the remaining costs. There are several options available, depending on the needs of each person in terms of care. It is advisable to have at least one plan that covers general and specialised medical care, as well as hospitalisation costs. Rates vary between €15 and €40 per month.

Some health insurance companies:

If your income is modest, you may be eligible for the Complémentaire Santé Solidaire (CSS).

My health affects my schooling or I have a disability, what can I do?

In order to improve your study conditions at the School, and more generally your student life, it is important to inform the Balance and Inclusion Service. You may be unaware that you have a disability. The School can therefore offer you the necessary support.

Contact the Balance and Inclusion service at or feel free to go directly to your campus to meet your advisor. This contact does not commit you to anything and is strictly confidential. It is up to you to tell us, at the end of this meeting, if you would like specific support and the implementation of schooling adjustments.