Concours SESAME comprises a series of written and oral tests open to candidates in their final year of secondary education (general or technological options) or a foreign equivalent level of studies. It is currently one of the most well-recognised admissions tests and makes the application process easier as it serves for several international business and management schools.
Presentation of this ‘Post-Baccalauréat’ Admissions Test Bank
(Note: A ‘Baccalauréat’ is a French secondary education exit diploma)
Concours SESAME (Session d’Épreuves Spécifiques à l’Admission au Management Européen et international) gives access to 7 international business schools. At EM Normandie, the programme concerned is the Grande Ecole programme, whose final degree is accredited as a 5-year Master’s programme (Baccalauréat +5) by the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation leading to the ‘Grade de Master’. This programme is also accredited by international agencies such as EQUIS, AACSB and EPAS.
This test bank offers the possibility to apply for several institutions, as candidates are allowed to apply to up to 7 different institutions. This gives candidates a wider choice, and on the basis of their results on the tests, the possibility to opt for the business school that meets their expectations and ambitions.
As there is no obligation to take a specific course in a preparation centre, this test bank opens the door to many ‘post-Baccalauréat’ programmes with an international scope. On the concours SESAME website, candidates will find free tools to help them prepare for the tests, as well as past tests, quizzes and a mobile application.
Every year, EM Normandie organises presentation and training days on its campuses in Paris and Caen in preparation for both the written and oral tests.
Registration Procedures for the Current Academic Year
The admissions test process comprises several important steps:
- On-line registration at www.concours-sesame.net from 9 November 2018 to 19 March 2019
- Written tests (foreign languages, logical reasoning, analysis and synthesis): Saturday 13 April 2019
- Admission to oral tests: Thursday 25 April 2019 on the MySesame platform
- Appointments made for the oral tests in each of the schools the candidate has applied for
- Oral tests: from late April to mid-May 2019
- Final admission results: Friday 20 May 2019
- Candidates choose the school they wish to join
After validating their registration, candidates are given access to a private space on the website where they can manage their applications to the schools they would like to join, get their marks and information on the tests (e.g., dates, etc.).
- Test bank: Concours SESAME
- Number of places open in 2019: 700
Registration Fees for Concours SESAME 2019
- €195 for one application (50% discount for holders of state grants for the current year)
- €30 per additional programme applied to (50% discount for holders of state grants for the current year)
Please contact us if you have further questions.