Personal follow-up for disabled people
To enable you to pursue your studies in the best possible conditions, EM Normandie has organised a personalised follow-up service, led by the School’s Disability Officer. He will be able to offer you adaptations to accommodate your studies or help you with your administrative procedures while seeking an internship or employment, etc.
In parallel, many charities and firms are involved in schemes offering supported employment for disabled graduates, as well as a wide range of internships and employment offers:
- FEDEEH (Student Federation to Foster Studies and Employment with Disabilities)
- Handploi.com, employment website dedicated to disabled people
- Tremplin handicap to bridge the gap between your studies and the working world
The Equal Opportunity and Diversity Unit is ready to help you to implement the tools and arrangements you need to make your studies easier, so please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Whatever your personal circumstances, EM Normandie offers you personalised supervision to meet your specific requirements in a relevant way:
- A dedicated service
- The support of a complete social service: you will benefit from the confidential support of a social worker and a psychologist on all the School’s campuses.
- Part waiver of tuition fees for state grant holders with outstanding academic results
- A specific emergency aid fund in case of major incidents during your studies (such as a parent becoming unemployed, prolonged illness, bereavement, etc.)
- The support of the EM Normandie Foundation
Les Cordées de la réussite
Cordées de la réussite is a scheme that guarantees professional and social inclusion of young people from all social origins, in compliance with the principle of the right to education and training for all.
- Increasing the opportunities of young people from deprived social backgrounds to pursue higher education (including tutorials and professional networking opportunities)
- Fostering access to culture and education for all (cultural trips)
- Giving young people the keys to fulfilling their personal and professional potential (civic workshops, end of year field trips, etc.)
Two proactive Student Societies (EDRESUP and Cap vers le Sup’) operate the scheme at EM Normandie each year. Since 2006, over 600 young people have been coached and almost 100% of the participants have acquired a degree or diploma, and are either in permanent employment or are pursuing academic studies beyond the initial two-year period.